LAS VEGAS - June 2, 2023 – Executives with Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK), today introduced a Centennial Edition Ford Shelby F-150 that honors Carroll Shelby's passion for off-road fun. During the Carlisle Ford Nationals in Pennsylvania, Shelby American revealed that only 100 of the 800* horsepower 2023 Carroll Shelby Centennial Edition F-150s will be built.
- Special Edition Shelby Ford F-150 celebrates Carroll Shelby's storied off-road heritage
- Only 100 will be offered for the 2023 model year
- Shelby trucks available for order through select Ford dealers worldwide
“Many considered Carroll Shelby the original 'most interesting man in the world' while he was alive and we're highlighting the many intriguing facets of the legend during our 2023 centennial celebration,” said Gary Patterson, president of Shelby American. “Carroll loved motoring both on and off the road, especially in rugged terrain. He would trek across the desert on both two and four wheel vehicles. His Terlingua, Texas, ranch even owned the first production Ford Bronco. We're honoring that Shelby heritage with a special off-road truck that recalls his adventures.”
Carroll Shelby had a long history with performance trucks and SUV's; he experimented and built various models over the years. Shelby played with the Ford Bronco on his West Texas ranch during the 1960s, pioneered the mid-size performance pickups in the 1980s and created the muscle trucks in the early 2000s. His company built a small line of high-performance full-size SUVs in the late 1990s and even unveiled a concept Shelby Expedition in 2004.
Ford's 2023 F-150 is purpose-built to be the toughest, most productive F-150 ever. Updated for the 2021 model year, it introduced all-new features to increase customer productivity, has new connected vehicle innovations such as over-the-air updates and other purposeful technologies. The Ford F-150 is even available with Pro Power Onboard,™ which turns the truck into a mobile generator.
First introduced in 2015, the Shelby F-150 has quickly become a popular off-road capable pickup.
“Carroll really enjoyed modifying trucks throughout his life in pursuit of more performance,” said Vince LaViolette, Shelby American Vice President of Operations and Chief Designer. “The 2023 Shelby F-150 delivers the rugged capabilities needed for outdoor adventure and all the sophistication required for a fun night on the town. The special Centennial Edition was built for those who want to celebrate Carroll's achievements by driving the most capable and sophisticated truck yet to wear the Shelby nameplate.”
Based on the Lariat 4x4, 5.0L SuperCrew, the 100 Centennial Edition trucks come standard with 400 standard horsepower; and an optional supercharger boosts the V8 engine to 800* horsepower. The heavy-duty suspension and underbody of the Carroll Shelby Centennial Edition truck were built to withstand the toughest conditions with Ford Raptor style FOX shocks that feature top of the line internal bypass technology and adjustable dual speed controls. This proprietary system provides the ability to tune a truck from luxury car smooth to hard core off-road handling.
The interior was completely redesigned to elevate truck ownership experience with style, comfort and utility. The truck has two-toned leather covers with Centennial Edition logos, the official Shelby serial number and Shelby floor mats. Each truck has deep tinted windows to keep the interior cool and a ram-air style hood. A total 100 trucks will but built for the US market. Starting MSRP for the four door trucks are $129,495 (naturally aspirated) and $138,495 (supercharged); they have a 3 year/36,000-mile warranty including powertrain.
Each Carroll Shelby Centennial Edition F-150 includes membership in Team Shelby, the worldwide club established in 2008, and will be eligible for documentation in the official Shelby Registry. The package includes a black Stetson hat and a copy of the commemorative Shelby Centennial Book published by Team Shelby.
The 100 trucks are offered through select Tuscany and Ford dealers in North America. Individuals interested in a Shelby vehicle can visit their local dealer or go to www.shelby.com/en-us/Vehicles.
*Horsepower ratings based on use of 93-octane fuel
**Supercharger available for post-title sales only
About Shelby American, Inc
Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK), manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company builds authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA, 289 street car, Daytona Coupe and Shelby Series 2 component vehicles; it offers the Shelby GT, 1000, Super Snake, CODE RED, Carroll Shelby Centennial Edition, SE and Shelby GT500KR post-title packages for select model 2015-2023 Ford Mustangs. Shelby American also offers the Shelby Raptor, Shelby F-150 Super Snake and Shelby F-150 trucks, as well as the Shelby F-250 Super Baja. Heritage cars include the continuation 1965 Shelby GT350 competition model, 1967 Ford Shelby Super Snake and 1968 Ford Shelby GT500KR. A post-title package is also available in Europe for the current generation Ford Mustang Mach-E GT. For more information, visit http://www.shelby.com.
(214) 520-3430 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shelby engineered 800HP* supercharger system (optional)
- Performance air intake with high flow filter
- Powder coated black supercharger and intake manifold
- Oversized carbon fiber air intake tube
- Performance aluminum heat exchanger
- Billet throttle body with high flow fuel injectors
- Front and rear brake upgrade (pads and rotors)
- SHELBY by Borla performance exhaust with black dual tips
- Rear traction bars
- Shelby by FOX suspension system
- FOX 2.5 Front & rear aluminum body reservoir shocks
- Internal bypass shock technology
- Adjustable dual speed controls
- BDS lift system
- Dual Intake “RAM AIR” hood with vents
- 22” SHELBY alloy wheels with BFG all-terrain KO2 35/12.50R22 tires
- Side steps; powered, lighted with rock guards
- Body color painted fender flares
- Signature front fender vents
- Front bumper cover with air managed intake vents
- Centennial edition Shelby badges and stripes
- SHELBY front grille, air managed, painted
- Painted rear bumper cladding
- Tonneau cover with bed rug liner
- Centennial edition badged leather seats
- Centennial edition CSM numbered dash plaque and engine plate
- Carbon fiber interior package
- SHELBY badged console lid
- Centennial signature floor mats
- Deep tinted windows
- Billet racing pedals
- Red interior accent lighting
Additional Items Included:
- Carroll Shelby Centennial Book
- Carroll Shelby Edition Black Stetson Hat